My Top 15 Favourite MAC Lipsticks

5.04.2014

(L - R) Shy Girl, Sunny Seoul, Impassioned, Rose Lily, Pink Poodle, Ruby Woo, Peach Blossom, Morange, Candy Yum Yum, Hoop, Fluer d'Coral, Steady Going, Costa Chic, Pure Zen, Creme d'Nude

I am a huge fan of MAC Lipsticks. My sister and I have around 40 altogether (oops?) but somehow, we always end up wanting needing more in our collection. MAC lipsticks are some of my absolute favourites for their formulas, pigmentation and incredible shade range. As you may have gathered, Pinks, Corals & Orange shades are my go-to choices as those are the ones that suit my skin the most. Peachy nudes are my absolute favourites for daytime wear and will always be the ones I gravitate towards the most.




A full MAC lipstick collection will be up soon if thats what you guys are interested in, but for now, I figured I would start off with a smaller collection and show you my favourites. 15 may be a little excessive... but I am a little obsessed.  

Shy Girl
 A creamy peachy-nude, and my go-to everyday shade. Shy Girl is a very creamy lipstick, as it is a Creme sheen formula it has a glossy finish. Its a warm toned, opaque nude that compliments most makeup looks.
Sunny Seoul
 a creamy yellow toned, medium pink with a slight shimmer. Its a semi opaque shade so it as a great all rounder as you could wear this during the day for a light colour on the lips and evening for an extra pop of colour.

Impassioned
A warm toned hot pink with a hint of coral, Impassioned has an amplified creme finish which means you get amazing colour pay off, its super long lasting and it won't dry out your lips like a matte formula can sometimes do.

Rose Lily 
 From the 'Fantasy of Flowers' collection, Rose Lily is a beautiful, cool toned pastel pink with blue undertones. As this is a Lustre finish it has semi opaque colour pay off. Its similar to MAC Saint Germain, but a lot more wearable!



Shy Girl, Sunny Seoul, Impassioned, Rose Lily


Pink Poodle
 Previously discontinued, but back by popular demand, Pink Poodle is a bright, cool toned fuchsia pink with a hint of iridescent shimmer. A very opaque and long lasting lipstick.

Ruby Woo
 Ruby Woo is a blue toned red lipstick with a Matte finish. Its very highly pigmented and very long lasting. Although this is a dry lipstick, you can wear it all day and you don't have to worry about topping up every 5 minutes or smudging!

Peach Blossom
 A creamy, a peachy pink with a hint of rose. Its a very creamy lipstick with a gloss finish that is perfect for everyday wear.

Morange
 My favourite bright lipstick, Morange is a highly pigmented orange shade with a creamy finish. Its an Amplified creme sheen which gives the lipstick incredible colour pay off.



Pink Poodle, Ruby Woo, Peach Blossom, Morange


Candy Yum Yum 
 Another bright lipstick, but not for the faint hearted. Candy Yum Yum and a straight up neon pink lipstick with a blueish hue. It has a matte finish so you can be assured this lipstick is highly pigmented and will not budge throughout the day. It is definitely going to grab peoples attention!

Hoop
Another blast from the past that has recently been re-launched is Hoop,  a warm toned, medium rosy pink. Its a pigmented, long lasting shade that has a slight matte finish.

Fleur d'Coral
 Another shade from the 'Fantasy of Flowers' collection, Fleur d'Coral is a pale peachy pink with a lustre finish. Its a perfect everyday nude!

Steady Going
 A cool toned, bright pink with a matte finish. Its not as intimidating as Candy Yum Yum, but definitely a statement shade, think more of a Barbie pink. Its highly pigmented, but can be slightly drying throughout the day - rest assured its a long lasting formula!



Candy Yum Yum, Hoop, Fleur d'Coral, Steady Going


Costa Chic
Costa Chic is my perfect coral shade. Its the perfect balance between and pink and an orange shade, with a frosty finish. Normally I don't like frost finishes, but in this shade it looks beautiful, especially on tanned skin!

Pure Zen
 A creamy beige with a rosy undertone. Pure Zen is an easy to wear shade and a perfect nude for everyday.

Creme d'Nude

 A muted peachy nude, perfect for wearing with a dark, smokey eye. Its a very opaque nude so I only like to pair this with a dramatic eye look. 






Costa Chic, Pure Zen, Creme d'Nude





39 comments

  1. I love this post! I'm currently building out my MAC lipstick arsenal, and I think Shy Girl and Morange are next on the list...

    Melissa | M is for Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely my favourites out of the collection! good choice :)

      Delete
  2. You have quiet a collection here, I'm so jealous!! I just wrote a few of these down to grab the next time I go to MAC!

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad I could give you a few ideas :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love MAC lipsticks and recently I have been loving MAC Ruby Woo. I tried on shades like MAC Peach Blossom and MAC Patisserie the other day though and have fallen in love with both. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Patisserie yet, another one to add to the collection

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5/04/2014

    I neeeed a MAC lipstick, but I just can't choose one shade- there's so many to choose from! I especially like Morange! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morange is a beautiful shade! Give it a go :)

      Delete
  5. I loooooveeee them all! I will definitely be using this post when I'm buying some new MAC lipsticks, think Morange will have to be my next one!

    http://amorofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad it was useful. Definetely try Morange, you'll love it!

      Delete
  6. So many gorgeous shades, Morange and Candy Yum Yum are two of my personal favourites along with Rebel and Lady Danger, though I must say Sunny Seoul looks lovely, I might have to add that to my collection :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't brought Lady Danger just yet but I know i'll love it!

      Delete
  7. Love the look of Shy Girl, such a pretty colour! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD | ASOS or Feelunique £25 Voucher Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you! Im a sucker for a MAC lipstick

      Delete
  9. I must admit, I/m also a sucker for MAC lipsticks and I have a slight obsession with building my own collection. These ones are gorgeous! My personal favourites here are Shy Girl and Impassioned. If you love corals and oranges I would recommended you try Ravishing (unless you have it already!) I absolutely love that colour.

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not yet tried Ravishing, I'll give have to give it a go!

      Delete
  10. I was on the fence about buying Sunny Seoul, now I'm convinced! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it, I promise you'll love it!

      Delete
  11. Lovley post! Thanks for the recs, I really want to get some more MAC lippies! I really love Morange as well :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely add it to your collection :)

      Delete
  12. you must have an amazing collection! I have six or seven MAC lipsicks but I have a wishlist as long as my arm! Sunny Seoul and Pure Zen have been bumped to the top after reading this post! x

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have over 40 in my collection, some how I can always justify buying more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are, its hard to pick a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morange is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Get it, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to try Ravishing, I haven't got it yet! Another one to add to the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are two of my favourites! I need to add Rebel and Lady Danger to the collection

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ruby Woo is amazing, I need to try Patisserie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Im glad I could give you a few suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is one impressive Mac lipstick collection!! I have a lot of shades as well, but I still want to get Shy Girl, Peach Blossom, & Pure Zen! Mac lipsticks are just amazing!! Can't wait to see you other lipsticks!!
    xx

    Alexandra | The A Style | Beauty and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  24. stunning collection!! I love all the pinky/ coral tones so pretty x x x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x