My Top 5 Favourite High End Mascaras

1.24.2014

As I said in my last post, I am usually very impressed with drugstore mascaras and I tend to prefer them over high end brands. I do have a few exceptions to this, a few brands have really impressed me over the last few years and I am more than willing to pay the price tag for the quality.  These mascaras are my typical go-tos, and lately I have been really enjoying then. 




This mascara is the re-vamped version of the original Lights Camera Lashes mascara, with a bigger, double-sided wand and gold quilted packaging. I like this mascara for evening use as it gives me huge lashes! The dual-sided brush is great, I use the shorter side to define my eyelashes and the longer side to add length and volume. The formula is slightly wetter than the original so it gives your lashes a thicker appearance. I find this mascara comparable to Maybelline's The Falsie's mascara on my eyelashes, it gives you a 'falsie' effect without applying false eyelashes. 


This is the first product I ever tried from Tarte Cosmetics, which is now one of my favourite makeup brands, after many recommendations from different beauty bloggers and you tubers. This mascara lives up to its hype, it has a really dark pigmentation and a great consistency to work with. Its a drier mascara, but thats help to lengthen and separate the lashes to give with a natural, fluttery look. 


Do you see a Tarte theme going on here? Tarte's Gifted mascara has to be my all time favourite mascara. I use this product most of the time for my everyday makeup, it helps keep my lashes look natural yet long and thick. Most people hate fibre bristle brushes, but I love them, I think they give the most natural look to the eyelashes, making them look more tapered and fluttery. This mascara also claims to repair and treat damaged and dry eyelashes, keeping them conditioned and replenished. I haven't seen a huge difference in the condition of my eyelashes, but mine weren't dry or brittle to begin with. I can't comment too much on the 'treating' effects of the mascara, but it makes me eyelashes look amazing. 



Bare Escentuals, again, is one of my favourite cosmetics brands. I have loved the brand for years and every product I have tried has really impressed me. All of the mascaras I have tried I have really loved, but this one has to be my favourite. Lash Domination is said to be a 10-1 mascara, it volumizes, lengthens, thickens, separates, lifts, lasts all day, mineral fortified, resists clumps, doesn't flake and it doesn't smudge. Now, I'm not one to believe advertisements for mascaras that claim to do a whole list of amazing things, but this mascara lives up to its claims and its hype!  I find that it is very comparable to Benefits They're Real mascara, but I prefer they way this makes my eyelashes look. 


Diorshow Blackout has been a love of mine for years and years. I used to steal this from my mum years ago when she had it in her collection and since then I have re-purchased this mascara several times. Its the perfect evening mascara as it is very volumizing and very black. It makes my eyelashes look as if I am wearing false lashes and compliments a heavy eye makeup perfectly. This is definitely on the more expensive end when it comes to mascaras, but I think this mascara is 100% worth it.  


6 comments

  1. I've heard some lovely things about Tarte products, especially their mascaras and blushes. I really have to give the brand a try soon. Their products just sound amazing!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of my favourite brands, definitely try out their mascaras, primers and concealer

      Delete
  2. I've never tried a Tarte mascara and didn't even know they bring out nice mascaras. Will definitely need to try some!
    Casualllyawkward

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try Dior's Blackout. If you're repurchased it several times that really says something good about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have absolutely brilliant photography. What you did in this picture is very clever and it's very nicely done. :)
    http://blamekara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do enjoy big brushes of dior mascaras. I was pleasantly surprised with bare minerals mascara a few years back. Never tried tarte ones. It looks like you really love them.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x